Saturday, June 22, 2013

SunTzu - Getting Even with Out Fighting

CHAPTER 1 : Verse 20. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him. Verse 21. If he is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. Verse 22. If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. Verse 23. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. Verse 24. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. Verse 25. These military devices, leading to victory, must not be divulged beforehand. I used to get very angry when somebody highlighted about something in my department. Used to always find ways to hit back at that person. Then the fight got bigger with both sides trying to find each other faults. After that there were bad vibes between departments. Nowdays I follow the above quote. I just hold my tongue, solve the issue and improve my department. Most of the time the person who is finding fault starts becoming arogant and thinks he is without fault. He continues to look for my mistakes but doesn't take care of his side.
Problems will slowly pile up. When it gets too big and gets exposed, then I will move in. Using the Sun Tzu's quote below. At first, then, exhibit the coyness of a maiden, until the enemy gives you an opening; afterwards emulate the rapidity of a running hare, and it will be too late for the enemy to oppose you. CHAPTER 11. THE NINE SITUATIONS verse 68

No comments:

Post a Comment